Friday, February 24, 2017

2017 Christmas challenge (Whoville- Grinch that stole Christmas)

I turned my department @ ADP Miami into Whoville .... here is how I did it

the competition was that every row would pick a theme and we would compete against each other. My row was Grinch that stole Christmas/Whoville. I pictured in my head what I wanted it to look like....  I had done signs in the past with the thin slabs of wood they sell at home depot, so I told all the girls in our row  of my idea and on a Saturday we all gathered at a friends home and we all went to Home Depot. I showed each girl what they each need to turn the front panel of our cubicles into a Whoville home. We all went back to Vania's back yard and I did the first design and cut on my wood and I told the girls ok do your own ideas on the  slab of wood in front of you and they all went to town with the best ideas in the world, what a amazing group of girls!. oh I used a small  hand held electric saw to cut the boards. 

Here is Norma Ruiz modeling at the entrance to our rows... here you can see the sign that says :
Welcome to Whoville  I also made with the thinnest wood I found at Home Depot. It is attached to the back of the skinny Christmas trees I made from left over wood 

I decorated and made the ornaments for this Grinch tree. I used a skinny tree and I bent the top to the right

Here is the pictures I put on top of the fire place, I printed pictures of baby Grinch

this is a 6 feet tall dancing and singing Grinch

I brought in this fire place from home. I placed it at the end of one row and the Grinch tree is all the way at the other end of the row



I made the signs from left over wood

here are some of the amazing girls from ADP Miami - SBS Implementation Department

 The girls did an amazing job look below to see each girls personality on the homes see below......

look at the chimney on this one - so cute

 this is the who ville post office you will see a better photo below



this was my favorite whoville home :)

one of the girls husband made a dog house for Max

as I was saying each girl put her personality into her own whoville home

I made this Grinch out of the same wood. I free handed the design, I cut it and painted it. Not bad for my first Grinch !




here is the Whoville post office, if you notice the Grinch has a mailbox full of spider web - lol
here is a view of the entire row from one end to the other 
like 12 cubicles

 I worked at ADP for 12 years and it was like working with family, we laughed together, cried, celebrated, the fun was never ending. I loved and enjoyed my work family  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment